Sunday, May 10, 2009

Star Trek to LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

I saw Star Trek... and I loved it! I have seen the old TV version with William Shatner (no offense Shatner) and I hated it! I thought it was so corny and just a heaping pile of horse shat. The silver screen version was a warp speed hit! I got into the theater late again which by the way really bothers me by the way, being how much I love the previews, sometimes even more than the actual movie. Anyway I thought the first little piece of the film was a bit of a joke. I even went as far as to plan my early escape and possibly a refund... I'm glad I stayed. As the film progressed I realized how awesome it actually was, from the casting to the chemistry to a little thing called computer graphics, which were out of this world... no pun intended. I really thought it would be a like it or hate it kind of movie. I liked it enough to buy it... maybe on blu-ray... maybe not. Either way I highly suggest you see it, if not for nostalgic reasons then for the sake of the visuals! I'm in no way a Star Trek nerd, but I almost want to start an action figure collection... maybe I'm getting carried away. But as you can tell, I really liked it! Also, watch out for these actors in the future, i sense some prosperous careers for some of them!

2 comments:

  1. Did you ever see any of the other Star Trek movies with Capt. Picard and the "Next Generation" crew? I really liked those. I'm unsure about this new cast and whatnot but I really want to see this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob u should def. see it! It's amazing. The casting was brilliant. -- & I really like the Next Generation movies as well (I <3 Data & Warf) haha!

    ReplyDelete