Monday, May 18, 2009

One Crazy Summer

I'm a bit late on this one but I mean it all the same. The school year has come to a close and summer has began with work and life trying to fight for my attention. I am big on looking to the future and always planning ahead, it's how I get through my day, always planning my next step. Many ideas have come to my mind for this summer.

First on my list is Summerfest in Milwaukee, WI. My good friend Rob Zarske and I are planning on attending this momentous concert in its final weekend. The lineup is going to be crazy ranging from No Doubt, Earth Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, The Fray, Jack's Mannequin and much much more. I really can't let something like this pass me up.

Second is Warped Tour in Shakoppee, MN! Last year I worked this music fest doing promotional work for the new Kia Soul! It was really easy, fun work and I was able to see many of my favorite bands FOR FREE!! I'm hoping that I will be able to work there this summer again, if not i'll just have to pay to go!!

The third thing on my list of summer events is taking a chartered flight to Winnipeg, MB Canada! Rob and I are plannig on going to visit our long missed friend Mamie, who just so happens to live just about a mile from the boarder! Why Canada you ask... I'm not legal in the states... yet! What a great way to end the summer and kick off the school year with a little partying Canadian Style. In my Junior year of high school I took an aviation class, on the final class day I got to co-pilot a flight from Flying Cloud Airport in Eden Prairie to Le Sueur Municipal Airport! Ever since that extraordinary experience I've always wanted to get back up in the air. That is something about me... I LOVE TO FLY! Go to this link http://www.thunderbirdaviation.com/flight/discovery.asp and SIGN YOURSELF UP!!! It was definitely one of the top experiences of my life so far!

The fourth on my list is moving into my apartment!! (Which is happeing June 1st) I have mixed emotions about it, I cant really explain why, I always get nervous about new things that I am a little unsure about! I believe I have everything in order for it, even though my landlady wont let me grill. (the nerve) Either way it will be fun and I am looking forward to this next step. Also, my 21st birthday is in October, so that is a HUGE plus!

The fifth and final thing on my summer to-do list is my book! Yes, you heard me right! I have started my first book. I am tossing around many different title ideas and can't seem to settle on one, hmmm. It's a memoir about my life so far and little pieces of my work from pictures to my writings! I cant wait to see how it all turns out! I guess I'm (soon to be) an author, who would've thought?!

2 comments:

  1. I like! This summer has a ton of potential to be epic and I am uber excited as well. I hope you stick to your memoir because I want to read it!

    ReplyDelete